Saturday, September 20, 2008

Peterborough Versys Ride

I joined a Versys Group ride today in Peterborough. We met up at the Country Style Donut Hut on 115 just outside Newcastle, Ontario at 9:00 am. Everyone was jonesing for a ride and beet the ride organizer to the spot. Jerry aka Mjr.Rage was the leader and organizer - he did a great job of keeping the group together. Even when I somehow got behind and realized everyone was ready to go and I wasn't. How embarassing.

Jerry lead us to Hwy 507 and let it flow. The brave rolled the throttle on hard and lead the group. I've always been a moderate rider - no wheelies, peg scraping or burnouts. But, I felt I was keeping up in the middle of the pack - and I know my speedo was telling me I was running between 120 and 140 kmh. I don't know what the other guys were running at.

Only one corner had me scared. I don't know what happened - I was running hot before I knew it and I know I was leaned over hard but it felt like I was going over edge of the pavement and the rear tire was grabbing for traction but not getting a hold of anything.

Other than that - I had a great time and enjoyed the camraderie of running with a group of professional riders. Everyone had at least a motorcycle jacket, gloves and a full face helmet on at a minimum and many had the pants and decent boots.

HPIM1783

The group of bikes were made up of mostly Versys motorcycles but a Concours, a VMax and a B-King also made an appearance. It was good run - I had to split from the group in Haliburton and head back home. This is what motorcycling is for - to clear your head of the troubles that surround us and let us be one with ourselves for a few moments.

HPIM1785

No comments: