Friday, September 19, 2008

Letting Go

We have three dogs. They are spoiled and live an easy life. Sadly, our middle dog - Turbo is not doing so well. His prognosis is not good and is at the vet being checked out with x-rays. I was so sad this morning - I picked him up and carried him to the car. I could tell he didn't want to be moved but he's such a well behaved dog he'll do anything to please you. At the vet - I walked him in and he didn't want to go. This is unlike Turbo - he's usually brave at the vet and knows the check up does him good and he'll return home for a treat and more love.

This time, he didn't want to go. The vet tech was trying to make him walk to the back. Instead, I picked him up and asked if I could put him in his crate. I placed him on the blanket and turned and walked away. I kept telling myself, 'He'll be fine'. The vet will find whatever is bothering him and he'll be home and happy again. Begging for us to play with him - he always likes to play.

I think Turbo knows whatever is wrong with him, it's not good. We've been holding him and stroking his fur. Rubbing his hears is his favorite and he's been getting plenty of that.

My partner wrote this about Turbo on his blog: I Love Turbo

Peace be with you my friend:
0826071055Turbo

1 comment:

Sojourner's Moto Tales said...

Aw...I remember Turbo. He is RIP. And, from all accounts, he brought total joy to his human parents.